Gluten Free Garage selects Branding & Buzzing as Agency of Record for Digital and Social Marketing
TORONTO (April, 2017) – For the 6th annual Gluten Free Garage, Toronto’s original pop-up gluten-free marketplace, we are excited to announce that we have joined forces with Toronto agency Branding & Buzzing.
“When it came to the PR and social media marketing for this year’s Gluten Free Garage, Branding & Buzzing was a no-brainer, especially after they announced the launch of their gluten-free division,” says GFG founder RonniLyn Pustil. “I also knew that Rachael Hunt, the creator of GlutenFreedom Inc., a valuable resource in the gluten-free community, is heading up the GF division and I know that she understands the audience and the gluten-free lifestyle and truly appreciates what Gluten Free Garage is all about.”
Branding & Buzzing, which launched Canada’s first gluten-free marketing division last year, is taking on the festival’s on- and off-site social media plus premium pitches for television and radio coverage. At the helm is agency VP Marian Staresinic and the gluten-free division’s account director Rachael Hunt, both of whom have lived gluten-free lifestyles for many years.
“With our five-plus years of experience working alongside food festivals citywide, our in-depth knowledge and involvement in the GF niche and this being the only gluten-free festival in Ontario, I feel that this was the most perfect fit for both sides and couldn’t be more thrilled with our involvement,” Staresinic says.
Hunt has worked before with Gluten Free Garage through her personal venture GlutenFreedom Inc., an online community dedicated to dining, cooking, traveling and living gluten-free. “I’ve always been a big supporter of Gluten Free Garage and have taken to my channels to promote and share the event highlights with my audience,” she says. “I’m looking forward to working closer on the festival and being involved in the exciting elements that make it such a success.”
The 6th annual Gluten Free Garage (#GFG17) is taking place during Celiac Awareness Month on Sunday May 28 at Artscape Wychwood Barns from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- ITALPASTA gluten-free penne—made with a blend of corn, white and brown rice, buckwheat and quinoa—has the colour, flavour and texture of traditional pasta without any gluten but with all the taste. Fusilli, spaghetti, elbows and lasagna too! italpasta.com
- BLOSSOM BAKERY’s gourmet GF flatbread pizzas are savoury sensations made from scratch and topped with local produce and artisan cheeses. blossombakery.ca
- BAR APE lemon sorbet bar. Tastes like sunshine on a stick. bar-ape.com
- NEAL BROTHERS FOODS Srirachup kettle chips are a combo of sweet ketchup and spicy sriracha chili sauce. The ultimate snack food! nealbrothersfoods.com
- STEAMBOX DUMPLINGS are handmade with a combo of certified GF flours and filled with Ontario meat and poulty, quality vegan proteins and local produce. 12 flavours and counting! steamboxdumplings.ca
- JUST SHUT UP AND TRY IT Kimchi Kids is a mild and sweet spin on kimchi. Made with fermented purple cabbage, radishes and pears, it’s a rich source of probiotics. justshutupandtryitferments.com
- GRAIN-FREE JK GOURMET GG Bites are made primarily from sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, honey and organic coconut nectar. Paleo friendly and available in 9 flavours. jkgourmet.ca
- FIESTA FARMS. Toronto’s largest indie supermarket is the place to shop for all your GF groceries, from fresh produce to gourmet and artisanal local and imported GF foods. fiestafarms.ca
- TONICA KOMBUCHA fermented tea is batch-brewed and filled with natural probiotics and healthy enzymes. This sparkling bevvy is an incredible digestive aid and comes in seven flavours. tonicakombucha.com
- SORELLE AND CO’s pretty little lemon-glazed vegan donut is free from soy, nuts, preservatives and gluten! sorelleandco.com
- STE. ANNE’S BAKERY certified GF five-seed bread (sunflower, sesame, chia, pumpkin and flax) is delicious and nutritious any way you slice it. steannes.com
- ALMOND BUTTERLY BAKESHOP’s fresh-baked GF New York–style bagels are the real deal! Available in poppy seed or sesame. almondbutterfly.com
- FRESH “Easy Green” organic cold-pressed juice has cooling, de-stressing, digestive and detoxifying benefits and packs 12 servings of raw fresh produce. freshrestaurants.ca
A few things about her:
She likes to read, draw and swim.
She takes dance lessons (hip hop) and plays on a basketball team.
She speaks French.
She has a younger sister who is the bomb.
She loves her tiny dog Chiquita.
Her favourite food is rice (brown and white)—in sushi, fried or just plain steamed.
Her favourite subject in school is math.
She has celiac disease. She was diagnosed when she was three.
On the morning of her 11th birthday, Lily woke up with a stuffy nose. When asked what she thinks it means to have a cold on her birthday, she replied, without missing a beat: “It’s going to be a SICK year!”
That’s Lily, always making lemonade out of lemons. See for yourself.
What is celiac disease?
It’s a disease that affects your gut [specifically your small intestine]. What happens is when you eat gluten, it doesn’t sit well with your gut and your body gets angry and tries to get it out. Some people have symptoms and there are many different kinds of symptoms—I throw up, get bloated and get bad stomach aches. Some people don’t get symptoms, but it’s still doing damage inside of them.
[For a more complete definition of celiac disease, go to www.celiac.ca]
What is gluten?
It’s a protein that’s in found in certain grains, like wheat, rye, spelt, kamut and barley. When I was younger my mom and I made a sign out of stickers with these words and taped it up in the kitchen to help me learn how to read them. It’s really important to read ingredients and not just assume something is safe to eat, unless it’s a fruit or vegetable of course.
Do you remember when you found out you had celiac?
I was only three, so I didn’t really know what was happening to me. I was getting sick (barfing) every night and I had lots of stomach pain. Then I remember one day we were at the doctor’s office and I was getting my blood taken. That’s how we found out I have celiac disease. After I stopped eating gluten I felt much better. My hair started to grow and I started to grow. more…
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT TO EXPECT AT #GFG17!
LIBATIONS IN THE COURTYARD