Posts Categorized: GFG sponsor!
Gluten Free Garage sponsors Italpasta and Fiesta Farms sent Rachael Hunt, founder of GlutenFreedom Inc. (and my good friend), on a shopping spree to gather the ingredients to create a delicious family-friendly and allergy-friendly (gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free) pasta dish. She made a creamy tomato pasta sauce, otherwise known as a rosé. This kind of sauce is typically laden with heavy cream and butter, but not the GlutenFreedom version! (All the ingredients for this dish are available at Toronto independent grocery store Fiesta Farms.)
Creamy Tomato Pasta Bake
1 package Italpasta fusilli (or penne)
1 shallot, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 small eggplant, diced
1 bunch spinach
1 jar Neal Brothers tomato and basil marinara sauce
1/2 cup Yoso cashew cream cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
chili flakes (optional)
fresh basil (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Cook pasta according to package. When cooked al dente, strain but set aside 1/2 cup of pasta water.
In a large saucepan, sauté shallot, red pepper and eggplant until slightly softened. Add in marinara and season with salt and pepper. Mix in cashew cream cheese, stir thoroughly.
Wilt spinach in sauce. Remove from heat and add in cooked pasta.
Transfer pasta mixture into a large baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
Allow to cool, garnish with fresh basil and chili flakes.
We are so excited to welcome back Italpasta to Gluten Free Garage
for the 5th time as a Gold sponsor!
They’ll be sampling their new gluten-free pasta—made from a blend of corn, white and brown rice, buckwheat and quinoa—that’s GMO free and certified gluten-free from the Gluten-Free Certification Program. Available in penne, fusilli, elbows and spaghetti, it looks and tastes like regular pasta. We can’t wait to taste what they’ll be serving up at #GFG17!
Thanks, Neal Brothers, for my latest addiction.
One of seven flavours of Neal Brothers kettle chips, these were made in collaboration with Vikram Vij, owner of Vij’s award-winning Indian restaurant in Vancouver and former Dragon on CBC’s Dragon’s Den. They are, wait for it…Delhi-licious! Full of flavour and spice and salty lick-your-fingers goodness, they’re so tasty that I’m eating them right now as I type this at 11:51 pm.
Not to mention versatile. Besides being an outstanding choice of munchie, they can also play a supporting role in quick and tasty meals. Crush them up and use instead of breadcrumbs for coating chicken or fish. Or crumble them on top of casseroles. Because they’re already flavoured with natural Indian spices, and a hint of mango sweetness, you can skip the spice cabinet.
These crispy onion rings are super easy to make and will satisfy your cravings (because, come on, when’s the last time you had an onion ring?).
Delhi-licious Onion Rings
(recipe courtesy of Neal Brothers Foods)
1 package of Vij’s Delhi-licious chips
1/4 cup of corn meal
1 cup of buttermilk
2 large Spanish onions
Set rack in the top third of oven and preheat to 450ºF.
Slice onions into 1/2-inch-thick rings.
Pulse chips and cornmeal in a food processor to form a fine flour. Pour into a mixing bowl.
Pour buttermilk into another bowl. Dip 1-2 rings at a time in buttermilk first, then press crumb mixture firmly into each ring (if it’s not sticking well, sprinkle some gluten-free flour into the crumb mixture).
Place coated onions on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes. You may need to do 2-3 batches at a time.
Serve with Neal Brothers Lime Mayo for dipping (also tastes amazing on BBQ’d corn on the cob, see below!).
Neal Brothers Foods is a Silver sponsor of #GFG17 and veteran of Gluten Free Garage since our very first market in 2012!
Find them opposite Ste. Anne’s Bakery at the Wychwood (east) side of the Barns on May 28th.
Neal Brothers will be sampling their kettle chips at #GFG17—all gluten free, vegan and Non-Gmo Project Verified—including the newest flavour, Montreal Steak Spice! Plus, they’re bringing along Chickapea Pasta (tossed in Drew’s Organics salad dressing), enerjive crackers (including the new multigrain ranch), and The Gluten Free Bar (The GFB) in a variety of delicious flavours.
Ste. Anne’s Bakery is a Silver sponsor of #GFG17 and a new vendor we’re excited to welcome!
Find them opposite Neal Brothers Foods at the Wychwood (east) side of the Barns on May 28th.
Fill out a ballot at Gluten Free Garage to win an All-Inclusive Day Spa for Two at Ste. Anne’s!
This deliciously relaxing getaway includes (per person):
$120 spa allowance, 3-course lunch, afternoon tea and complete use of the facilities. Approximate value is $542.40
- ITALPASTA gluten-free penne—made with a blend of corn, white and brown rice, buckwheat and quinoa—has the colour, flavour and texture of traditional pasta without any gluten but with all the taste. Fusilli, spaghetti, elbows and lasagna too! italpasta.com
- BLOSSOM BAKERY’s gourmet GF flatbread pizzas are savoury sensations made from scratch and topped with local produce and artisan cheeses. blossombakery.ca
- BAR APE lemon sorbet bar. Tastes like sunshine on a stick. bar-ape.com
- NEAL BROTHERS FOODS Srirachup kettle chips are a combo of sweet ketchup and spicy sriracha chili sauce. The ultimate snack food! nealbrothersfoods.com
- STEAMBOX DUMPLINGS are handmade with a combo of certified GF flours and filled with Ontario meat and poulty, quality vegan proteins and local produce. 12 flavours and counting! steamboxdumplings.ca
- JUST SHUT UP AND TRY IT Kimchi Kids is a mild and sweet spin on kimchi. Made with fermented purple cabbage, radishes and pears, it’s a rich source of probiotics. justshutupandtryitferments.com
- GRAIN-FREE JK GOURMET GG Bites are made primarily from sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, honey and organic coconut nectar. Paleo friendly and available in 9 flavours. jkgourmet.ca
- FIESTA FARMS. Toronto’s largest indie supermarket is the place to shop for all your GF groceries, from fresh produce to gourmet and artisanal local and imported GF foods. fiestafarms.ca
- TONICA KOMBUCHA fermented tea is batch-brewed and filled with natural probiotics and healthy enzymes. This sparkling bevvy is an incredible digestive aid and comes in seven flavours. tonicakombucha.com
- SORELLE AND CO’s pretty little lemon-glazed vegan donut is free from soy, nuts, preservatives and gluten! sorelleandco.com
- STE. ANNE’S BAKERY certified GF five-seed bread (sunflower, sesame, chia, pumpkin and flax) is delicious and nutritious any way you slice it. steannes.com
- ALMOND BUTTERLY BAKESHOP’s fresh-baked GF New York–style bagels are the real deal! Available in poppy seed or sesame. almondbutterfly.com
- FRESH “Easy Green” organic cold-pressed juice has cooling, de-stressing, digestive and detoxifying benefits and packs 12 servings of raw fresh produce. freshrestaurants.ca