Sunday November 9, 2014
10 am to 4 pm
Artscape Wychwood Barns (in the Covered Street Barn)
601 Christie Street (just south of St. Clair), Toronto
$10 for adults / free for kids 12 and under
Free GFG tote bags for the first 500 people!
Gluten Free Garage is Toronto’s original pop-up gluten-free marketplace…
like a farmers’ market with a gluten-free twist!
Disclaimer: Though not all of the products at Gluten Free Garage (GFG) are certified gluten free and not all of the participating companies have dedicated gluten-free kitchens, all GFG vendors represent and warrant that to the best of their knowledge and belief they have taken every possible precaution to ensure that their food products are gluten free and free from cross contamination. However, GFG cannot guarantee that every product of every company at GFG is free from cross contamination of gluten, and as such we encourage you to use due diligence and take advantage of the opportunity to speak directly to the vendors at GFG about their products and practices before consumption.
At our inaugural event on November 11, 2012, 1,500 hungry patrons flocked to the Gluten Free Garage at the Artscape Wychwood Barns, where they sampled, shopped for and discovered gluten-free food and lifestyle products from about 50 (mostly local) vendors. Just days after this event, vendors and attendees alike were begging for more, so…
For Gluten Free Garage: The Sequel, on April 28, 2013, GFG returned to once again bring the community together under one roof for a taste of what’s going on gluten free in Toronto. 1,800 people showed up at the Wychwood Barns to experience what’s new and exciting in the gluten-free world and to connect with others in the gluten-free community. With 68 (mostly local) vendors, food trucks and a handful of terrific guest speakers, we continued to spread the g-free tummy love!
Back by popular demand, Gluten Free Garage: Part III on November 18, 2013, continued to grow—with 25 new vendors joining the lineup—attracting hundreds of people from all across the GTA.
To keep the gluten-free momentum going, Gluten Free Garage hit the road with 18 vendors and popped up at the Green Living Show from April 25-27, 2014.
Located on the site of the historic Wychwood streetcar barns at Christie and St. Clair, the Artscape Wychwood Barns is the perfect venue for our pop-up gluten-free marketplace! The Gluten Free Garage takes place in the bright Covered Street Barn, which is over 7,600 square feet. This unique space is home to The Stop Community Food Centre’s Farmers’ Market every Saturday morning and hosts many other popular foodie events in the city.
At the Gluten Free Garage, attendees get to:
- Discover local merchants, bakeries and restaurants that cater to their gluten-free needs
- Sample and purchase gluten-free food and related lifestyle products from a variety of vendors
- Enjoy delicious gluten-free food prepared onsite by local chefs
- Get information about celiac disease, gluten intolerance and the gluten-free diet – the Canadian Celiac Association will be on-hand to provide information, resources and support
- Meet with local health experts
- Find out about services that help make living gluten free easier
- Grab a free shopping bag for all their gluten-free goodies
- Take home coupons for future purchases as well as samples of their new favourite products